- MHT CET 2016 - Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Maharashtra State conducted MH CET/ MHT CET 2016 for first year B.E/B. Tech programmes on May 5, 2016.
- Admissions to Maharashtra state engineering colleges were done through JEE Main for the year 2014 and 2015, and for the academic year 2016, DTE has conducted its own, one single combined “Common Entrance Test” MHT-CET 2016 for all Health Sciences, Engineering and Pharmacy degree courses.
- MHT CET 2016 Students, who seek admissions to undergraduate engineering courses in the state of Maharashtra should have cleared class XII or equivalent and should meet all the eligibility requirements to be eligible for MHT CET 2016.
MHT CET 2016 Eligibility Criteria:
- Applicants, who appeared for MHT CET 2016 were required to have passed 10+2 from any recognized Board in India.
- The candidates were required to have obtained a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Minimum marks requirement for SC/ST/OBC candidates was 45%.
MHT CET 2016 Paper Pattern:
- The entrance exam had three papers. The candidates were required to appear for all the three.
- First paper: Physics and Chemistry (100 marks each)
- Second paper: Botany and Zoology (100 marks each)
- Third paper: Mathematics (100 marks)
All the questions were of objective type and there was no negative marking.
MHT CET 2016 Application procedure:
- Application form could be filled online only.
- Applicants from open category had to pay Rs. 800 + Rs. 60 (Bank Comission), while Rs. 600 + Rs. 60 (Bank Comission) was the application fee for Reserved Category Candidates.
- Applicants had to take the print out of confirmation page generated after completion of MHT CET 2016 Application Form. They were not required to submit or send the print out of confirmation page or filled in application form.
- If the payment was done by Bank Challan, candidates were advised to keep a copy of bank challan and MHT CET 2016 Registration Confirmation Page print out.
Note: Candidates were strictly suggested to fill in complete and correct information in the MHT CET 2016 application form.